In 1996, Frank Borst started working on a wrecked war car from Bosnia.
Frank gradually turned the car into an document work called Christine.
Cristine is currently located in Amsterdam at Griffitie Street Art Museum https://www.ndsm.nl/location/street-art-today/
and it became the first work of Frank’s Unmasking an died Star project.
Frank: The Ring of Fire within glass is the following:
- Collect 40 wrecked/abandoned cars from several countries and different social realities like war zones, depressed economy regions, car graveyards, remote places etc.
- Transform each car into a reminder of his who history in that moment create it in a new environment througt which I connect my idea’s that moment.
- Each car will have his own theme and will be completed with other typical elements of Frank’s work at glass. Glass in a different way then Christine. These great idea’s, are one of the interesting elements as they will be interpreting his rhythm with layars in glass
- Most part of the entire project will be documented, filmed for use it in video work to give a glimpse of the background reality contest of each car.
- Every finished work will be displayed her on this webside.
Franks used these wrecked autos as a living testament in a kind of spirit at human life. This is an archaeological exploration into modern society.
Due all the predictable logistic complications, this is going to be a very costly project.
Frank is therefore looking for Collectors, sponsors and donors to fund this project.
Interested parties and companies are very welcome to contact Frank directly.